Weigh In

Thursday, January 31, 2008

My scale was down to 293.8 lbs. So, that is a 2.2 lb loss for this week. That is good since I haven't even been trying this week. Now that I have my mind somewhat focused hopefully the results will be better this week. Since I'm starting the Glucophage today, I am also going to start my food plan again. Ideally, the doctor wants me on 1600 calories a day, but she did say I could follow Weight Watchers. I'm planning on being more focused on Core foods. Planning is important for me. I do so much better that way. She also wants me to exercise at least 5 days a week at 30 minutes, getting my heart rate up. I need an indoor exercise machine of some kind. It is supposed to rain today. I can always just do an exercise video.

It seems like I posted somewhere before that I have been fortunate and never had weight related illnesses. I was losing weight for looks basically. Well. Things have changed. My health is now being compromised by my weight. I was so much more aware of things I ate yesterday. I opted for water instead of Coke at lunch. I did have some sweet tea last night, but I think that was because I was thinking, ok, this is it for awhile. One last drink. lol

Since starting on my Zoloft I feel more control in my thoughts and actions. Where before, I felt more, well, not in control. So, here's looking up for a better day, week, month, and year!

1 comments:

Angie said...

Congrats on the loss.I am so happy for you.Is your patience any better with the kids and grandmom? I know you can do this and I am so proud of you.You have shown me that I need to get to the dr and have a checkup.

Hugs

Angie