Thursday, January 24, 2008
I had the "talk" with my mom. Actually, I started crying after she finally called me and avoided the "white elephant" again. I told her I had a letter but I was scared to send it because I didn't want her to be mad at me. I told her I was upset Saturday and I know they say write what you feel, so I did. She told me it was ok, to send it. I did. She agreed with me. She has also taken grandmommy for a few days, starting last night.
So, now I am just adjusting. I realize my grandmother does many things around here to help me out. I want to appreciate her, but it is so hard when you are with someone 24/7. I told my mom that I was snapping at her over every little thing and it just wasn't fair to grandmommy, she doesn't deserve that. So, they say absence makes the heart grow fonder....we shall see.
Today I will work in the house. I have laundry to do, a great big kitchen/dining/living room area to clean that I haven't seen 'cept passing through the last few weeks. I was going to start last night, but I was so tired and dh got home fairly early so I decided I had the next three days to tackle it.
Almost time to get the boys up and ready for school and since grandmommy isn't here, I need to get dd up and dressed too. She is always up, but for the most part, she stays here with grandmommy for the 30 minutes it takes me to take the boys to school. See, its those little things I take for granted. ;)







4 comments:
I am SO proud of you, Kendra! I know how hard it must have been for you to send that letter to your mother. I am glad that she is helping out with your grandmother...I only hope that she continues once grandmommy comes back to stay with you! You have opened the lines of communication now, so be sure and keep'em open!
Good for you!!! I'm glad you are getting a much needed break. It's hard to feel like a prisoner in your own home. I hope this eases your stress level a little!!
I'm so glad you were able to speak to your mother and send the letter! I'm so glad she agreed with you and took your grandmother for awhile. That is absolutely fantastic. I'm glad you got a break. You really needed it... and you totally deserved it. I hope everything continues to go well! :)
Kendra
i've entered the world of blogging and thought I'd stop in and say Hi! Joan sent me a link to yours!
Robyn
Post a Comment