Doctor visit

Monday, January 28, 2008

I had my appointment today. She put me back on Zoloft. She also is running tests to check for PCOS. Which is funny, because last year, I was thinking I had some symptoms that went along with that same Dx and I even emailed Less Lisa when I suspected it asking her about it. I won't know for sure until my blood work comes back, but if I do have it, she wants to start me on glucophage and birth control pills, along with the Zoloft. She also wants me to follow a healthy "diet" avoiding the bad carbs, and limiting potatoes and white rice (maybe this is why WW'ers Core program worked for me). I told her I can lose weight, it's just when I cheat, I have a hard time refocusing and getting back on track. She said it was because my body was craving the sugar. She also wants me to exercise 30 minutes a day for at least 3 days, but ideally 5 days.

I'm so anxious to hear back from her. I will update as soon as I get my results.

2 comments:

Angie said...

I am so proud of you for going to the doctor.Yay for zoloft.PCOS would explain alot believe me.I am hoping this will all help you lose the weight.When will you here back from the doctor about PCOS? It makes me think I should go into the dr to talk about my PCOS which I have not taken anything for years.Just tooo many excuses why I do not and keep my weight on.

I am so happy for you.

Angie

Swizzlepop said...

I hope your results come back favorable. I used to be totally hooked on candy as a teen and had to actually cut it out all together because it was causing a lot of issues with YIs. I'l admit I went through withdrawls but once I got over that I stopped craving them and was able to go back to eating them in moderation.