Friday, January 4, 2008
FINALLY!!!
I had a great eating day today. I didn't even have cravings. I didn't get the munchies until time to cook supper. Which, I did cave and eat a Weight Watcher Smore's bar (1 pt) and a stale pretzel rod. Ehh, whatever. I'm still under my points for the day.
I need to go to the grocery store so I can have more of a variety. Tonight we had homemade chicken tenders (chicken tender meat, rinsed with water and then breaded in Italian breadcrumbs, seasoning to taste), green limas, and Mexican Rice. I LOVE Mexican rice. It's a Core recipe I got a few years ago from one of the girls on the 3 Fat Chicks Core board. I'm not doing Core right now, but I hope to eat a more Core oriented diet. Right now, I'm doing the best I can, and today's eats is a whole lot better than it has been. I'll post the recipe later.
I'm not hungry right now so, not sure if I will have a snack or not, but as you can see, I have plenty of points left to have one.
Here is my food journal for today:
Breakfast
2 slices of whitewheat bread (2)
1 tbsp peanut butter (3)
1 c 2% milk (3)
Lunch
turkey sandwich w/ light mayo and mustard (4)
Weight Watchers Italian veggie soup (2)
Supper
2 homemade baked chicken tenders (4)
1 c green lima beans (2)
1 c Mexican rice (6)
Snack
WW Smore bar (1)
1 pretzel rod (1)
2 fudgcicles (1)
Flax granola bites (5)
Popcorn in 1 tbsp EVOO (6)
Total points allowed/used: 37/40
Total flex allowed/used: 35/3







2 comments:
Yippee! A girl after my own heart! You had a peanut butter sammy for breakfast! lol I eat that most mornings... and I love it! It doesn't seem like a "diet" food to me, ya know? And peanut butter ALWAYS helps to keep me from getting the munchies.
Congrats on getting back on track today! That is a HUGE accomplishment... the first of many, I'm sure! The first day back on track is ALWAYS the hardest... so I'm sure you'll do great Saturday.
And since you mentioned food and recipes... here's a GREAT site that has LOTS of healthy recipes. I was checking it out tonight because I REALLY need to experiment in the kitchen more... and ALL of their recipes looked delicious and nutritious. Calorie and some nutrition info. is listed as well. Let me know if you try any of the recipes, and I'll do the same.
This is going to be a great year for us. I just know it! We just need to take it one day at a time and do the best that we can each day. And as we continue to do that... we are going to become the healthy and fit ladies that we want to be. :)
Please post that Mexican Rice recipe!! It sounds awesome!!!
Good for you for being on track! Feels good, doesn't it?!? YAY!!!
Post a Comment