Update on Me

Sunday, February 3, 2008

So far, so good. I'm feeling like I'm coming out of this funk I was in. My mom is helping me a lot with my grandmother, the meds seem to be on my side, and of course, my diet has been good the past few days.

Thursday, January 31, 2007
Breakfast
1 egg, 1 egg white 85 (2)
2 slices lean ham 30 (1)
1 slice Colby jack cheese 70 (2)
1 cup 2% milk 130 (3)

Lunch
Chicken tender (cheese sprinkled on top) (3)
Salad w/ light dressing (2)
Apple salad (4)

Supper
Teriyaki stir fry veggies 70 (1)
5 oz Fajita chicken breast (5)

Snack
Strawberry banana smoothie (3)


Friday, February 01, 2008
Breakfast
Oatmeal (3)
1 cup 2% milk (3)

Lunch
Teriyaki stir fry veggies (1)
Fajita chicken breast (5)

Supper
2 chicken breast tenders (4)
lima beans (2)
okra and tomatoes (1)

Snack
Mini Delights Chocolatey Mint multigrain cakes (2)
1 fig newton (1)
frozen grapes (1)

Saturday, February 02, 2008
Breakfast
2 pancakes w/ sf syrup (8)
2 slices bacon (2)
1 cup milk (3)

Lunch
½ Fajita chicken breast (3)
teriyaki veggie stir fry (1)

Supper
Pinto beans (2)
Okra and tomatoes (1)
Tenderloin (5)
Biscuit (5)

I started out trying to count points and calories, but that is all too overwhelming for me. I decided to just stick with points. I'm trying to avoid the white stuff, as in carbs and sugar, as best I can. Today at church we are having pizza and salad. I'm not eating pizza (major trigger food for me). I'm bringing some grilled chicken fajita meat and just eating a salad. I'm also making fruit salad too.

I want to find some good healthy bread. I usually get Nature's Own Whitewheat bread. Actually, I still do for the family, but I want something more whole grain. You know, like the kind that has the little oats on top? I just get so overwhelmed when I look at the labels. I want to get something that tastes good, but isn't too bad for me for an occasional slice here and there. Any suggestions? I know my WW'er leader talked (when I used to attend meetings) about that Ezekiel bread quite a bit, but, does it really taste good?

We are supposed to be acquiring another goat Monday. Dh is really into this goat thing. lol They are so much fun to watch. I'm trying to get a good Flix of them playing to share. Gizmo gets rough. He is our buck, and he LOVES to play. Whenever he sees dh, he immediately thinks "playtime". Dh was working on the fence yesterday and he had to tell him no and to go on. Giz pouted. lol

Well, I woke up just a bit ago because I couldn't sleep and thought I would update while I had the chance. Off to surf a bit more before I get sleepy again. Til next time......

2 comments:

Chubby Chick said...

I'm so glad to hear that you are feeling better and things are going better now. :)

LessLisa said...

First, I owe you a HUGE apology for not responding before now. I got your e-mail and have read the post re: PCOS...I promise you I will write back to you in more depth tomorrow night...things have just been, well, you know...life! I have been thinking of you alot and wondering if you found out definite results...I'll write more tomorrow! Take care!