Recipe

Monday, September 3, 2007

Woke up this a.m. with a slight headache. It is either from the sugar (punch and cake) from Saturday or it is from TOM. UGH.

Had a great day getting back 100% on track yesterday. I'm getting ready to go for my walk in just a few. Then I'm going to make our supper, Beef and Vegetable Stew. I have to put it in the crockpot. I found it in the Nov/Dec 2004 WW'er magazine.

Beef and Vegetable Stew

2 1/4 pounds lean beef stew meat (1-inch chunks)
3 (1-pound) bags frozen vegetables for stew
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 (14 1/2 oz) can diced tomatoes with roasted garlic
1 (14 1/2 oz) can beef broth
1 bay leaf
1 cup frozen Italian green beans
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley

Combine the beef and stew vegetables in a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker; stir in the flour and toss to coat. Add the tomatoes, broth, and bay leaf; cover and cook on High until the beef is tender, 5-6 hours, adding the green beans in the last 30 minutes of cooking time. Remove and discard the bay leaf; sprinkle with the parsley before serving. Makes 12 servings. Per serving (1 cup): 192 calories, 3 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 45 mg cholesterol, 268 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrates, 4 g fiber, 21 g protein, 44 mg calcium. Points Value: 3

Yum! It's kind of too hot still for stew, but man, the recipe looked so good (they had a picture of it) .

Well, need to run and get dressed. The day is moving on. Gotta walk before it gets too hot.

1 comments:

Amanda said...

I've made this recipe before and it was great! I hope you enjoy it!!