I am SO mad.....at myself

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

So, Sunday started out to be a great eating day. I did well at breakfast and lunch. I ended up staying all day at church, so during the "in between" time, I snacked on some healthy harvest apple cinnamon chips and some dried fruit mix. Not too bad, and totally countable for my day, but then something happened. When we got home that night, and I made supper for everyone, instead of cooking my 97% fat free Hebrew hot dogs, I just ate two regular ones with regular chips. What the crap is up with that? Then, I ate a bowl of ice cream. Not my fat free Breyers which is way yummier and creamier than the real junk, but dh's fattening kind. Then it happened.

I snapped.

Yesterday was a totally bad, carb loaded, no veggies or fruits or lean meat day.

Breakfast consisted of a beef and bean frozen burrito and a snack bag of Doritos. (I was craving another sausage biscuit, what is up with that?) Oh yeah! and a pack of peanut butter crackers.

Lunch was another frozen burrito, another bag of Doritos, a handful of almonds, and whatever else I could find.

Supper was Papa John's pepperoni pizza. Topped off with more of dh's chocolate ice cream.

I keep wondering why I do this? Was it because of my scale? Was it because I have been so tired lately? Am I procrastinating over something and turning to quick easy foods? I don't know why for sure, but I know I am tired of doing this. If I get back on track today, then I'm going to have major carb withdrawals. I know this. I'll lay around in the bed most of the day today feeling like a drunk getting over a hangover. Feeling sorry for myself.

At the same time, I know I have to go to town today and get things done and accomplished, so of course, I will need to fuel my body (read McDonald's).

This seems like a vicious cycle I go through. I want to know what causes this. Why can I do so well and feel like I am on top of the world and then crash and burn? Sometimes it only takes a day or two to recover, sometimes 3 or 4 months. I guess I just need to take the day minute by minute today. I don't need to dwell in the past. I need to grab the next branch and move upward and onward and not succumb to the "cycle".

8 comments:

stephseef said...

hey kendra. we've all been there. i feel your pain. totally. but my encouragement to you is to fuel your body with great food - and LOTS of it - does it have to be McDonalds? - you can eat so much more of other foods - ever tried kashi go lean crunch cereal? GREAT stuff... with tons of fruit and even some toast - you'd come out way ahead and nicely full... don't be afraid to experiment!!

best of luck to you. following your journey with great anticipation!

weezie

http://blogs.weightwatchen.com/thisisforme

Chubby Chick said...

Hey, girl! Do NOT beat yourself up about this! We ALL fall off the wagon from time to time. I don't know why we do it... I'm sure the reasons vary... but WE DO IT.

Don't let this TEMPORARY setback get you down. It HAS NOT undone all of the progress that you have made. You are still doing great... and you have still accomplished great things! I mean... look at all the weight that you have lost so far! That total is AWESOME!!!

You have already proven that you can do this. Don't EVER doubt that. You are succeeding at what you have set out to do. Forget about the past few days. They're in the PAST.

Kathy's post today might inspire you. Here's the link if you want to check it out: http://kathycalculatesweightloss.blogspot.com/2007/09/how-about-mulligan.html

We're all here for you, girl! I have a TON of weight to lose... so I will be here with you every step of the way! We can do this! We ARE doing this!!! Hang in there! :)

Amanda said...

Hey, you are not the only one that goes through this. So that in itself should make you feel better. :) I have no idea why we do this to ourselves. At least you realize it and you know it's happening. I hope you can bring the reins back in today and get back OP 100%! You are doing so great!!!

dagjsmom said...

Hi Sweetie!!! I hope you've had a great day. It's a learning process....don't be mad at yourself...just take it a day at a time. You'll figure it all out....what will work for you. You've been doing a great job. I'm proud of you!!!

Diana Swallow said...

I could have written this post many times. I do so well for so long and then I crash and burn. I do the same thing, why don't I just eat my no sugar added lite instead of hubbys full fat extra creamy caramel swirl? Why does something inside of us just snap? We know we are making the wrong choices but sometimes I can't stop myself? We need to find that magic switch that puts on the brakes and keeps us in control. If you find it please let me know! In the mean time, hang in there and know you are NOT alone in the battle!

Chubby Chick said...

Just popping in to say hi...

I hope the rest of your week went better. Have a great weekend! :)

Chubby Chick said...

I hope the rest of your week went well. And I hope that this week has started out well, too! Can't wait to hear how you're doing! :)

stephseef said...

hope you haven't given up, kendra. miss reading your posts. let us know how you're doing!!

weezie


blogs.weightwatchen.com/thisisforme