Starbucks on my mind...

Thursday, September 6, 2007

I ate lunch out today. I got a Chargrilled chicken sandwich from Chick Fil A. I decided to drink water and help dd eat her fries. That would save me points, plus, it let me justify my Nonfat iced caramel macchiato, decaf that I was craving at Starbucks! WOOHOO!!! I didn't even know until a couple of days ago that I could get that in decaf. Not that I need the caffeine, and for the record, I always make decaf tea here at the house, but it did taste a little different to me. Of course, it could have been the nonfat part, and the last time I had a nonfat, I was eating it with a piece of their wonderful reduced fat cinnamon swirl coffee cake. YUMMY!!!

My first "taste" of gourmet coffees was from a store called Barnie's Coffee and Tea. I adored that place. Every chance I got, I would go get an Iced German Chocolate Cake. Sadly, they all went out of business (at least around here). I thought I would NEVER get used to Starbucks. It just wasn't the same to me. Well, I got over it. :) It's my new addiction. Last year, dh got a $10 gift card to Starbucks from work. One of the other drivers gave dh his $10 gift card. So, yeah, I was in Heaven. I hope they do it again this year.

Eating was good today. I still have a few points left. Exercise-wise, I really need to start some sort of strength training in between my walk days. I just don't know what to do and I loathe exercise videos. My friend let me borrow a couple of her dvd's, but I still haven't made time for it. Good gosh! I'm already behind 5 days on my soaps! hahahaha I spend most of my nights listening to them and playing on the computer. I am obsessive compulsive with weight loss blogs.

I got my mind on a diaper cake. I have a baby shower for a friend in about three weeks. I am doing the diaper cake as my gift/decoration for the shower. I bought the diapers today. I just need to get a few more things together and get busy.

So, that is it for tonight. Til' tomorrow.....

1 comments:

Diana Swallow said...

I'm a coffee junkie too. I love that Starbucks has sugar free syrups and will make a great iced treat that fits with my lifestyle.

I'm glad I found your blog!