A good thing and a bad thing

Saturday, September 15, 2007

I was gone most of the day today. Shopping with a friend, getting things rounded up for a baby shower next Saturday. I was going to do half way decent. But then a craving for a McD's sausage biscuit hit me. No problem. I got a sausage biscuit and water, which is a whole lot better than getting the hash browns and drink.

Later, we decided to get a Starbucks iced coffee. It was too early for lunch, but late enough that I was starving. I was trying to decide whether or not to get a reduced fat cinnamon swirl coffee cake with it, but then decided against it because I knew we would be eating lunch soon.

Well, soon ended up being more than 3 hours later. We had Mexican food. I chose chicken fajitas (although I was eating chips and salsa all along) and I ordered a water with lime (and that was tough because their water was nasty tasting). Here is the "good thing, bad thing. I ordered the lunch chicken fajitas and this plate was HUGE! I'm not kidding. Now, normally I wouldn't be complaining, but I knew shortly I would be going home and everyone would be hollering for supper and I didn't want them to know that I had eaten lunch so late. I had one fajita (with probably a couple of bites here and there of the meat mixture) and I was full, satisfied. Did I stop? Nope. I kept eating. I didn't want to take leftovers (guilty). So I kept eating, and eating, and whining about how much food it was along with the comment, "but I can't stop".

I don't like that old me that resurfaced today. I like being in control of my feelings with food, but yet, there again, I was letting the food control me. Oh yeah, about 30 minutes after I ate the, "I'm too stuffed, can't eat anymore, but I'm gonna" meal.....I had a choco taco.

I decided that I am still full from lunch today (dinner, it was a late lunch, early supper) so I didn't eat supper tonight with the family. It was pretty easy though, dh wanted breakfast, they got eggs, bacon, grits, and biscuits. I was definitely over my points today, and even though I could have done better, I also could have done far worse. Tomorrow, back to the grind! No excuses.

I do dread that I chose to eat such a heavy meal the night before weigh in. I'll pay the piper, take what I get and move on. I need to practice what I preach, One bad day/meal doesn't have to lead to two bad days/meals. Monday it's definitely back to walking. No excuses. I can do this. I will do this. I AM doing this!

0 comments: