Wednesday, August 8, 2007
Tomorrow is the first day back to school. I hope this will be a better year for my boys. We started my oldest son on ADHD meds over the summer. I despise putting my son on the meds, but seriously, there were problems. With recommendations from his teacher last year, we decided to have him seen about. His pediatrician had him evaluated by a child psychologist and the child psychologist had an educational evaluation test done on him. So, hopefully this year will be better. We are still trying to get the right dosage, but we are starting low. I can tell a difference in him. Hopefully, schoolwork-wise there will be a difference too.
My youngest son FINALLY learned how to tie his shoes. He never cared to learn until yesterday. I would try and try to teach him but the would get so frustrated. After we bought new "tie" tennis shoes, he was ready and willing. It took less than 10 minutes for him to learn and he has been practicing all day today. Now, if I can get him super excited about reading this year. He does try, but he just hasn't "got" it. Thankfully his teacher this year knows him. She was his Title 1 teacher last year. Hopefully this will be a good year for both boys.
So. Onto a sorer topic. My diet, or lack of a good one. I've gained 20 lbs over the summer with my "don't care" attitude. I am so sick of myself. I have lost and gained the same weight for three years now. I mean, why can't I just be pleasantly plump? Why do I have to be morbidly obese? My metabolism stinks. Oh and add the heat here, I was SO swollen feeling this a.m. I just feel so gross. Did I eat oatmeal and fruit for breakfast???? Nope. Will I eat salad and chicken today???? Nope. Why do I do this to myself? I am truly addicted to food and I my youngest son is following in my footsteps. If anything, I need to do it for him.







0 comments:
Post a Comment