A great day!

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I cannot believe how great I feel just being on track for three days. Although, yesterday was a terrible detox day, after all was said and done, I feel great. I even walked today! Yayee me!!! My calories/points were low today. I couldn't help it. Well, I guess I could have. I wanted to go to Olive Garden. I thought I was going to do worse than I did, but I ended up eating the Minestrone soup, salad, and one plain breadstick. That left me with loads of food to eat for the rest of the day, as I made breakfast small because I figured I would be using a lot for lunch. It all worked out. Except when I was cooking supper, I hadn't been hungry all day.

I had a great supper. Chicken drumsticks, baked potato, savoy cabbage, and squash, onion, mushroom medley. It was so good and so filling. My mom used to cook that cabbage a lot a few years ago. I think I will cut it up smaller next time. It was still good.

I still can't believe I walked today. I live out in the country and our yard is really hilly. I walked in the front yard, down a hill, up the hill, around the backside of the house, and around the goat pen. I forgot to see how many minutes I walked, but I did that routine 4 times. Let me tell you, I was sweating bullets and I was so tired after climbing up that hill the 4th time. This is not a little hill....hmmm, I wonder if I can find a picture. Oh yeah! I've got one, the boys and dh were riding their bikes up and down it earlier this Summer....it doesn't look so steep in that picture, but if ya'll wanna come help me walk it.... ;) LOL

So, here is my food journal for the day. I'm headed to bed.

Day 3
- 8/21/2007

Breakfast
banana – 93 calories (2 pts)
WW’ers white choc rasp yogurt – 100 calories (1pts)

Total – 193 calories (3 pts)

Lunch
Olive Garden Minestrone soup – 100 calories (2 pts)
Olive Garden salad, no cheese, light dressing – 100 calories (2 pts)
Olive Garden breadstick, plain – 140 calories (3 pts)

Total – 340 calories (7 pts)

Snack
WW’er turtle sundae ice cream cup – 170 calories ( 3 pts)
Celery and 1 tbsp peanut butter - 100 calories (2 pts)

Total – 270 calories (5 pts)

Supper
3 drumsticks (skinless) - 221 calories (3 pts)
potato - 145 calories (2)
savoy cabbage cooked in light butter EVOO - 40 calories (1 pt)
squash, onions, and mushrooms in EVOO - 50 calories (1 pt)

Total – 459 calories (7 pts)

Grand Total – 1259 calories (22 pts)
Exercise – Walked 4 laps, front yard and around goat pen.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

That's not a hill that's a mountain! Great job! You and I seem to be on the same track, I've had 2 days now where I felt like I met my goals for the day- and I feel great!

Teehee, I think I am stalking your blog. ;-) I just discovered the google sidebar that updates immediately when one of my favorite blogs is updated... does that make me a blog stalker? ;-)

Amanda said...

Your dinner looks awesome!

How did you cook the cabbage? I love cooked cabbage, but I don't have a clue how to do it. I've only had it when my mom makes it.