Tuesday, November 27, 2007
Ugh. I feel Scroogy. I'm totally not into this Christmas thing yet. We got our tree this past weekend, and yet, it still sits, 1/2 decorated. I finally got the lights on. I want to decorate my tree a little different this year, and I'm just not finding the decorations I want for it. The kids are itching to put on the ornaments. Oh well. I'm hoping it will be finished by this weekend. The only presents I have so far are for my kids. There is nothing to put under the tree, pre-Santa yet. ACK! Where did the time go? Ahh, well. If I ever get my tree finished, I'll post pictures.
So, a friend emailed this chain thing. Feel free to grab and add to your own blog. I thought it might be fun. Hopefully it will get me into the Christmas Spirit. lol
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper, even though I hate wrapping.
2. REAL OR FAKE TREE? Real for most of our marriage. I bought one fake tree, I got rid of it a few years ago. Our first tree was a cedar tree picked out in the woods. lol I'm partial to Fraser Firs these days.
3. When do you put up the tree? First Saturday after Thanksgiving.
4. When do you take the tree down? First chance I get after Christmas.
5. Do you like eggnog? Eh, it's alright.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Lyndsey Randell, my first Cabbage Patch doll.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes
8. Hardest person to buy for? My mom's dh.
9. Easiest person to buy for? Right now, my daughter is easiest (and cheapest) because as long as it is pink and girly, she loves it.
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A book with the front cover tore off.
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail, but sometimes I don't send any at all.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? A Christmas Story
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? November
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Turkey, ham, sweet potato casserole, potato salad, pumpkin pie, stuffing, cranberry sauce.... mmm'mm, should I go on?
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Colored for the kids, but I like white lights too. I did both this year.
17. Favorite Christmas song? The Christmas Song "Chestnuts roasting on an open fire...."
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer,
Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, & Rudolph! HA! Did you start singing the song too??? lol
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Sometimes an angel, but this year, probably a bow.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Commercialism.
23. What I love most about Christmas? People seem kinder and more gracious towards one another.







3 comments:
Loved that list
I enjoyed reading your answers. I'll probably play along soon.
I can't wait to see pics of your tree! :)
I'm gonna put this in my blog...I think it's neat! I'll be sure to give credit to you ;)
Post a Comment