Healing with Replacing

Friday, November 16, 2007

I've been in a slightly depressed state today. I imagine it's mostly feeling sorry for myself. I finally found the perfect pup. It was actually love at first site and most people know me, I'm not a dog person. Like I have mentioned before, I had been on this kick of wanting a dog. We have two goats and a cat (and I think another cat has adopted us), so two cats. A puppy only seemed right. She was so beautiful. Everyone commented on how pretty she was. And if you can believe it, her pictures don't even do her justice. From what we understood, her momma was a mutt and they think her dad was a Labrador. Molly looked like a chocolate/yellow lab mix. Her yellow spots were all in the most perfect spots. I told dh, it isn't like she is a certain breed and we can try to replace her by getting the same kind. She was one of a kind. That being said, we are on a hunt to replace her. Er, or replace the fact that we still want a pup.

I found one at the Humane Society. Her name is Kenna. She is about 9 weeks old. I hesitate, but at the same time, I want to get my thoughts off of Molly.

On the other hand, my friend's dog just had puppies last night. They are a Australian Shepherd/German Shepherd mix. I've always been partial to labs. Chocolates at that. So. I just don't know what I am going to do. My friends pups won't be weaned until at least Christmas. I'm going over there tonight to see what they look like.
Dh had planned to take the boys hunting tomorrow, but he said we may go look for a dog. (sigh) Either way, Molly will forever be part of our family.

2 comments:

Angie said...

Sweetie you take the most wonderful pictures.Anyway I think your DH is right.I know it would be hard to have another puppy so soon but also it would help heal.Molly was a beautiful puppy and I am so glad you have pictures of her so you can always remeber her.I am sorry you are so down.

Just know I am thinking about you

Angie

Amanda said...

No dog will ever replace Molly but you are right...it will probably help you to heal. I know it's hard...I watched one of m dogs get run over when I was a teenager. It was the worst thing!!! And my dad wasn't home either and the guy that hit her just left her in the road...it was awful!!! So I know how you feel. Kenna is adorable! You will make a decision and that new baby will be better than you ever imagined!!!