Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Ok, so that is supposed to be I "was" challenged. I was challenged to give up real Cokes. My addiction has left me spiraling out of control to the point where I am right back up to my highest weight ever. Heck! Even Ruby is less than me by now. If I am so motivated by her, why the heck am I still struggling along? I've been on numerous "diets". I have lost and gained the same 50 lbs two or three times over. Why am I still fighting the "big" addiction?
Anywho...back on the subject. I gave up real Cokes a week ago last Friday. It feels good to be in control of that one area. That is all I am responsible for right now. I incorporated whole grain breads this past week....of which I only bought 2 loaves (family likes it too) and when I replaced it yesterday, they didn't have the kind I wanted, so I ended up with the stinky white bread (or yellow...yellow bread? wtc?!?) I started to give in last night. Unfortunately, my dh and I have been bickering all weekend and he ended up leaving mad before he left for work. He says it is me, but I SWEAR it is him. All in the end, I'm the one that feels bad. So, last night, I was going to "show" him (because, golly gee darn, drinking that real Coke would!). Luckily, I had Coke Zero on hand and I hastily grabbed a cup, threw ice in a cup, and managed to lose a good sip or two by just my anger gesture to pour the Coke Zero in my cup. Yayee! I didn't let the real Coke win. I did manage to chow down on 3 Dark Chocolate and Nut granola bars....um....blame that on the kid I babysit, he threw that one in the buggy last Friday. No worries.....in three days I took care of that box. *blush*
I'm trying to work in baby steps. I don't want to change my diet completely until after my mini vacation ends in September. Then, I'm really considering rejoining Thrive. I like their concept (I'm still mad at WW'ers getting rid of my leader, the best in the biz). It works and it makes sense. It takes a little more thought, but it works and its the way we need to eat. So, here I go again...trying to get this blog started again. Let's get this demon beat!







1 comments:
Best of luck to you on your journey :)
Post a Comment