How Bad Do I Really Want This?

Sunday, April 6, 2008

I am coming here tonight because I feel the need to post. I was trying to talk myself out of posting for fear I would feel differently in the a.m. on the dieting part. I'll deal with that tomorrow.

Since my last post, I went back to the doctor. My insulin was a little higher, so she put me on the glucophage three times a day. My problem is taking the meds, because I'm not eating right. I'm really bad about skipping meals and then overeating, or eating a little of this and that (chips, cookies, etc) and feeling like I can't justify taking my pill, as in, not enough food, nor the right kind. I just have a real messed up way of thinking. I need to do better. I need to follow the 1600 calorie diet she gave me (or WW'ers), but I'm thinking for now, the calorie counting may stir things up for me a bit. Of course, I know points better than calories. Eh. I'll see. I just know I need to start my food journaling again. Oh! And weigh. I NEED to weigh tomorrow. I dread it.

We buried a dear friend today. I've known her since I moved to Alabama 18 years ago. She hadn't been feeling well for quite some time, but we didn't realize how serious it was. She was only 57 years old. It's bittersweet. I'll miss her. Church won't be the same without her, but I know she is in a much better place.

Well, it is super quiet here tonight and it has been a long day. I think I will head to bed with the rest of the crew.

2 comments:

Chubby Chick said...

If you know the Points system better than counting calories, I would do it. You gotta do what works best for you, ya know?

Sorry to hear about your friend. Hang in there!

LessLisa said...

I'm so sorry about your friend! That is so sad, and such a young age!

I'm so glad to see you post. I've been getting more and more concerned. We're in the same boat, my dear. I am still struggling to have just one completely good day. It's better than it was, of course, but to have one perfect day under my belt feels impossible right now. I did walk 2 miles yesterday with the girls, which was fun, and we're already planning on going again tonight. We all love getting out in the fresh air.

Try making the small changes to get back to where you were in your eating and everything. I know we'll pull our crap together soon! :) :)