Friday, July 27, 2007
So, I tried something new last weekend. Hiking. I really did enjoy it. I am SO not an outside person, but I think I can learn to like it, even moreso when I lose my weight.
We saw a turtle, a squirrel, and even a baby snake. It was a very nice day, and somewhat cooler than usual. We took a picnic lunch, ate at the picnic area and then started our hike. The kids were troopers. They hiked the whole way and they didn't complain once. They even got to play in the water at a few of the Falls we ran into. This is an Alabama State park, I can only imagine how beautiful it must be to hike somewhere in Colorado! Good times! I hope we go again soon!
My dh's vacation starts tomorrow. He will be off all next week from work. Uusally we take a week long (last year it was a two week long) vacation and we head to Florida. This year, we are building a goat/donkey pen and taking care of a few things around the house. It's kind of disappointing, but eh, I did get my mini get away vacation a couple of weeks ago (see previous post). And! I forgot to mention, I got together with my BFF from high school. Yep! It has been a few years since I saw her and my dh's route is pretty close to where she lives so she made arrangements to see me about the time that he got there. We got like two hours together. I miss living near her. She encouraged me a lot when I was in high school and trying to lose weight. We always went walking after school and our health was our #1 priority. She seems to be doing well in that dept..
I had a bowl of mini frosted wheats for breakfast with 2% milk. I didn't measure anything out, but at least it was a better choice than usual.
We are getting an Olive Garden in our area. They are opening soon. I can't wait!
Last night, I was craving steak. I don't know why. I told dh about it and he was like, well, we can grill out steaks when I am on vacation. WHAT?!?!? Seriously? UGH! I hope not. Personally, I don't like our grilled food. It never tastes as good. I'm not sure if we are over cooking or undercooking, or cooking it too fast. And I can never get the seasoning right on it. We have a charcoal grill and it is a pain in my tush. If we ever get a deck built, we are definitely investing in a gas grill, oh yeah, and one of those cute umbrella tables and chairs. lol
I'm rambling on and on. I guess I'll end this post for now. But hey! Two posts in a row! I'm on a roll. :)







1 comments:
Keep posting it will help you in the long run. Sounds like you had a great hike and I love the pic of the turtle. Very cute.
If you can get your hands on the July/August issue of Weight Watchers magazine you should get it. It is all abotu grilling, recipes, tips & tricks. Sounds like it would be perfect for you.
As for the meez. It takes a bit to get the hang of it but then it's a lot of fun. Sign up, click MeezMaker, pick your physical features (change look) then pick Get Dressed, and work your way through just clicking on stuff. When you're all done click save then export. Hope that makes sense.
If not, let me know which Barbie (see one of my previous posts) and I can make you a non animated one.
Post a Comment