Thursday, July 26, 2007
Hello! Well, it's been awhile again. I am going to try to get better on this blogging thing one day.
So, the picture is the Ponce De Leon lighthouse in Florida. Dh and I visited it a couple of weeks ago. He drives a truck and since he was so close, we decided to visit. It kind of felt like a mini vacation. We climbed that joker too. All 203 steps. It is the tallest lighthouse in Florida. Yeah, I felt that one for a few days. lol
The diet still isn't going. I do plan to go back to WW'ers once the kids start back to school. I do enjoy my meetings. My Aunt goes too, but she can only go if I drive. She came to the house yesterday and weighed on my scale at home and she is down 3 or 4 lbs from her last offiical WW'er weigh in. I wish I could say the same.
I do have a possible solution. My youngest son, he just turned 7, has a weight problem. It isn't too bad yet, but it's one of those things that I am concerned about because of the fact I see that he is just like me. Metabolism and the fact that we just enjoy food and its just gonna take a healthy diet and exercise to keep us in shape. That means I need to cook healthy meals and not keep junk in the house. We have been watching Shaq's Big Challenge and I asked him if he wanted to lose weight and of course, he said yes. I more or so want him to learn how to eat without putting him on an actual diet. My oldest son (and I pray my daughter will be this way too) is more like my dh. Can eat anything he wants, never gains, and basically doesn't enjoy food the way I do. It's sad that I have to beg one child to eat and tell another child to slow down.
I am planning on packing their lunch this year. Any healthy ideas will be appreciated.
I weighed yesterday, and yeah, just as I suspected, my scale is going up. I'm going to start making changes, slowly, the junk is leaving, and I am starting to replace with healthier choices. More fruit in the house, no cookies. I replaced regular chips with baked chips. Little things like that. I struggle with helping my child with portion control. When he likes something, he wants more. It's hard to deny your child food. I started on a diet when I was in 4th grade. It was a child's weightloss program. I quit and then gained my weight back by 6th grade. In 9th grade, I started counting calories and exercising. I lost 65 lbs by 11th grade. I started packing on my weight again after I met my dh. I went from eating a small hamburger and water on our first date to a quarterpounder combo with coke, and sometimes adding an extra burger. How sad is that???? I have issues with food. Just like my youngest son is his older brother's garbage disposal, I'm the same way with my dh. I eat his leftovers. UGH! Can you say Jack Sprat?
So, we tried hiking as a family this past weekend. I'll save that for my next post. :)








1 comments:
Great job recognizing your youngests eating issues and good for you for wanting to help him now without depriving him. You have great ideas and the best intentions so you are definitely on the right track. Can you make it fun for him? As long as you don't take everything away from him and teach him good eating habits he will hopefilly lose the weight he needs to and will start on a healthier track now. Recognizine is the first step and you are right there. Stay positive! :)
Post a Comment