Thursday, February 10, 2011
So, I don't want to come back here and say, "Guess who is on a diet again?", but I am.
Guess who is on a diet again?
Of course, I'm only on my 5th week, so totally still in the honeymoon phase, only, it doesn't feel so much like a honeymoon. Here is the premises to how this started with a recap of last year first.
May 19, 2010 - Found FatSecret.com via my Calorie Counter app on my android phone. Weighed in at 333.2 lbs. I let myself get "that big" again. :(
June 25, 2010 - I got down to 312.6 lbs. Yippee Skippy. About this time, my sis in law and her husband temporarily moved in with us. My diet went to heck, or so I thought.
August 2, 2010 - Maintained my loss and actually down to 310.2 lbs. Sis in law and her hubby found a place of their own, but I didn't get back on track.
September 9, 2010 - Got back on the scale, for whatever the reason at this point, and I was back up to 313.4 lbs. I had a GYN appt for a yearly checkup this month. It was time for bloodwork. I also told my doctor that since I was dx with PCOS, that my $3000 family deductible was met this year (thanks to my oldest son breaking his arm while getting off of the trampoline earlier this year), she could go ahead and schedule the ultrasound. Got my results from the u/s and she wanted to take a biopsy, as my endometrium lining was thick. Biopsy didn't go very well, because my uterus was tacked high from 2 c-sections, and probably harder to reach from my added weight. She put me on Prometrium to regulate my period and thin out the lining. She also wanted another u/s and bloodwork scheduled for December.
October 25, 2010 - 315.8 lbs. Now, this was my last documented weigh in, but I do remember getting on the scale between this date and the beginning of December reading 317 lbs. I'm not positive, but those numbers stick in my head.
December 2010 - Get my A1C bloodwork done and ultrasound a week or so before Christmas. My doctor is all techy these days. After two weeks I can get my results via her phone system. Of course, with Christmas and all, I felt like no news was good news, so I put off checking it.
January 3, 2011 - Finally made up my mind to go ahead and call the phone system. Why not? I was a little curious of how this worked. So, I dialed the number. Punched in my doctor's code and then my ID # and I had three messages:
- 1st message) My ultrasound was normal.
- 2nd messsage) My A1C sugar levels was in the 20's (pretend she said the exact number because I can't remember) and she likes it less than 7 (or is it 10?), either way, way too high. She scheduled me for another A1C in April.
- 3rd message) My cholesterol was elevated. My bad cholesterol was high, my good cholesterol was low, and my triglycerides were elevated.
January 4, 2011 - I'm doing this . I've done Weight Watchers. I've done Thrive. I've counted calories. I can do this . I have all the tools I need. I just need to apply it . I weighed in, surprisingly at 312 lbs. My lifestyle of choice is counting calories using Weight Watcher recipes, and applying some Thrive that I've learned. I am back to logging all my food at FatSecret.com.
January 8, 2011 - This week was tough. I was mad because I HAVE to be on a diet. I wasn't starving, but my calories were higher than what I thought they should. I did a sneak peek on the scale and I was 309 lbs. Woot Woot. Just enough oomph to encourage me along.
February 10, 2011 - Fast forward to today. Although my official weigh in day is Saturday now, I felt like I could handle a peek. I was down to 295 lbs.
That's 17 lbs in 5 weeks! I don't feel deprived. The majority of my caloric intake in on healthy foods, so I get a lot of food every day, as opposed to before my diet change when my calories consisted of Coca-Cola and processed "quick and easy" foods. Most of the time I didn't eat a lot, I just ate the wrong things.
I started adding exercise this week. I want to be stronger and of course, any help I can give my body with skin shrinkage, I'm willing to do it. I'm sure after all the abuse my body has taken (from morbidly obesity and 3 children), I may consider a tummy tuck one day, but I will cross that road when I get there.
~K







0 comments:
Post a Comment