Monday, December 6, 2010
Anyone ever wander what your life would be like if you had done one (or two) things differently?!? I'm sure, if anyone read my blog lately, they would think I was a) depressed b) psychotic c) over-reacting. Or, maybe all of the above. I tend to want to "blog" when I'm at my lowest point. I don't do well under pressure or stress.
1) My grandmother has Alzheimer's. Thankfully, my mom is caring for her full time now. We are no longer splitting the week. The bad thing, my mom and I can't spend quality shopping time together because someone (either she or I) have to watch her all the time. I think my mom is ready to get help (either home health or maybe even a nursing home), but for some reason, maybe financial reasons), she hesitates. My grandmother has taken to spitting in random places, kitchen sink, floor, couch cushions, or, if we are lucky, the garbage can. Not fun. We have to remind her and lead her to the potty now. If we walk out of her sight, she is constantly up looking for us. It's not that I don't want to care for her, but I feel like it isn't my grandmother any more. Most people that have never dealt with a loved one with Alzheimer's don't understand that comment.
2) My kids are on my last nerves. We started homeschooling three years ago. Some days I want to quit Some days I'm glad we are doing it. I feel like I get zero support. My husband, being a truck driver, isn't home long enough to help like he initially said he would. I'm stressed beyond belief with everything else going on. I'm hoping it is just because of all the stuff I feel like I need to get done before Christmas and after our Christmas break I will be good to go again. Gggggrr.
3) Speaking of Christmas. My husband my boys are getting all sorts of artillery. 22 rifle, air soft guns, etc. I'm SO not happy about it, but they are at that weird age where they are too big for Power Rangers and too young for "cheap" things. We have way too many gaming systems already and honestly, they very seldom play with them. I wish I could give them the joy of reading, or the tree of knowledge.
4) Weight loss. Non existent. I'm drowning in fat. I can't last shopping no time without my ankles or heal hurting. So, what am I doing to do about it?!? I'm gonna eat more. That's how I roll and I HATE it (read my last post).
~ Signed, Scrooge and Bah Humbug







0 comments:
Post a Comment