The Good, Bad, and Ugly

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

First the Good: We are having a Halloweenie Roast at church Friday with lots of food and goodies.

The Bad: I am supposed to be on my diet.

The Ugly: I arrived at my "first" session to find out they have been postponed for a week.

So, I'll probably have more weight to lose since I'm on this unending food binge until I start. Gotta get it all in ya know, because after I start, there is no more bad food, ever (yeah right). That is the mentality I have. WHY???? I have no idea. This is such a sick, sick disease. Certainly I have some unresolved food issues going on in my head.

Sadder news....Bella is missing. I let her out Monday before lunch and got sidetracked with the kids, when I went to call her in about 30 minutes later, she was gone. I kind of think someone got her, although we live out in the middle of nowhere, it just seems odd that she just vanished. She was dressed in her pink sweater and had a pastel collar. We have drove around, called out for her, checked with neighbors, and put some flyers up. A few of my neighbors down the road (kind of shady people) said, "yeah, someone probably got her", of course, in my head I was screaming, "yeah! probably YOU!". Sigh. She does have a microchip, but who knows, it won't work unless someone takes her somewhere to get it read, and if they "stole" it, why would they do that? Ya know? I just hope someone sees the signs up today and calls about her. Every bark I hear, I keep checking outside. We have four other dogs (one we adopted, three strays we took in), but they were all in the yard when I went to get Bella. It's just crazy. We miss her, and I am really struggling with the guilt for letting her out.

2 comments:

Cady said...

i hope you find bella! i had one of my cats go missing once, so i know how you feel. good luck with the diet...try to remember you can have the foods you like in moderation. maybe that will help.

JC said...

OH NO!!! Did you find Bella???

Good thing your program won't start until after the church thing. Hope this program will work for you.