Home Sweet Home

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Tomorrow, my dh will finally be home. Yayee! He has had a great time, although I am never actually interested in his hunting expeditions, I do try to listen without my mind wandering on the more important facts, like, what did you eat, did you miss us, anything funny happen? You know, the important things. I don't care to hear about him sliding 32 feet down a mountain on his back and missed his chance to draw his bow on an elk. I don't care to hear about him rolling/stepping in and around elk "mess" that his clothes reeked of elk. I don't have a problem with people hunting. Never have. I just don't want to talk about it. It isn't my thing, but I try to listen patiently. I do lose interest fast.

On the "not much of a diet" front....when I got back on the scale Monday....it was up. I weighed 312 lbs. PATHETIC! I know what I need to do, and I still don't do it. I did take my glucophage today. I really do need to take it. It will make a big difference if I do. If I could just get it through my thick skull and if I could only hurry up and wean myself up to 3 pills a day. I usually get to two pills and then I forget, or skip, or something.

I am crazy tired tonight. Actually, my mind isn't tired, but my eyes are. It was like that yesterday. I tried to stay up last night and watch t.v., but my eyes just wanted to close. I haven't slept well since my dh has been gone. It's a different kind of gone than like when he is on the road working. It is hard to explain. I feel like I haven't been able to enjoy life around the house. I want to go outside and enjoy our animals and yard (in need of a good mowing), but with dh gone, after school, I just want to crash. The weather is starting to cool down a bit. I LOVE Fall and Spring. Who doesn't right? Lovely, lovely times of the year. I'm looking forward to dh taking care of the kids and giving me a break. ;)

1 comments:

JC said...

Glad DH is home save and sound, elk poo clothes and all. You deserve a kid break. Sorry about your weight but guiting is not an option. I do understand today has been one of those days that I want (notice the word "WANT") to eat all day and have. Taking care of our bodies is a journey and a challenge but a woman that can home school can do anything. Have a blessed and happy Sunday.