Tis the Season

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Hustle and bustle. I still have SO much to buy. I'm tired of spending money. Ok. I lie. I'm tired of spending money I don't have. Ggggrrr. We had both credit cards paid off earlier this year....now, both cards are nearly maxed out. I hear so many people say that Christmas is to commercialized, but every year, we try to out do the year before.

I'm not sure what it is about this Christmas, but I just don't feel the magic of it all. I go to church. I believe Christmas is more than just a happy jolly man in a red suit. I believe our Savior was born 2009 years ago in a stable in Bethlehem. So, for that reason alone I should be in the Christmas spirit. Nope, not this year. Bah humbug.

I think next year we should have a budget. Dh says we are going to start some kind of Christmas fund. We always depend on his bonuses, but they are never guaranteed. We have been blessed he has gotten one for the last few years. I think Christmas will go much smoother next year if we do it that way.

0 comments: